Monday 15 March 2010

Unravel in Farnham


Welcome to 2010!!!!


At the end of February Jacquie and myself took a stand at 'Unravel'. A show for all types of fibres and yarns, held in Farnham Maltings. It was a marvellous show and very well organised.
We had a stand selling my knitwear, our very own hand dyed sock yarn, socks and of course we demonstrated the sock machines. (Our dyeing experiences are another story for later). I think we were the 'Morcombe and Wise' entertainment for the weekend. It all began with me getting lost on the A303 detour and arriving in Surrey at 8.30 pm far to late to unload the stand and set up ready for Saturday. I did an extra 40 miles going on their detour route.
We got to the show very early on Saturday and at last set up our new stand, all very smart but for the rest of the weekend I felt I was always searching for things in our 100's of bags under the tables. My brochures turned up Saturday evening in one of JACQUIE'S boxes!! Sabotage, I hope not???????
We had good sales and the demonstrations went down well.

My next big show is not until May when I shall be at RHS Rosemoor for the May Bank Holiday weekend.
I am doing 2 little craft fairs in Chagford on Dartmoor in April. Then twice a month until December. I shall post when other shows have been booked.

No comments: